Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sopa de Fideo



Not a Japanese recipe but one I found during my time in San Antonio. I ate at this great Mexican Resturant and they had this soup which was the only Vegetarian thing on the menu besides Frijoles. So I said I will take that! I feel in love with it at first bite so I had to find the recipe to bring it back with me to Tucson for dinner here. We had it for dinner last night and it really worked out well. I think we are turning into soup people or maybe it's just soups are so damn easy to make!

Things you need:

1/2 a bag of Fideo noodles you can get them pretty much anywhere that has a hispanic food section.
Celery I used too big stocks.
2 small carrots or you can used the already washed one and dice them in a food processor.
1/2 an onion.
1 TBS of butter don't use margarine there is nothing good in there for you.
6 cups of water otherwise it dilutes the tastes of the soup.
1 can of Kidney or Pinto Beans. (I used Pinto Beans for this example)
8 tps of boullion chicken or beef which ever takes your fancy.

I cooked the celery, carrots, and onions all together until the onions were transluscent. Then add everything else but the Fideo. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. Add the Fideo for 6 minutes or until the Fideo is tender. Serve with a roll of French bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment