Friday, December 11, 2009

Spinach and Feta Sandwich.




Here is my Spinach and Feta sandwich. I got help with the idea from here. However I changed a lot of things and added things to the sandwich.

First off you need some French bread. I got mine fresh. I love fresh baked French Bread because it's still nice and soft and toasts really well, some spinach either fresh or canned I prefer the fresh kind, one green bell pepper, Feta Cheese crumbled, one Roma Tomato, some Kalamata Olives unpitted, any kind of cheddar I used mild Cheddar, and a little bit of cooking oil.

Cut the green bell pepper however you like as long as the pieces are small. Saute it and the spinach in the small amount of oil until the spinach becomes limp or if canned just saute until the bell pepper is done.

Meanwhile broil your French bread with a slice of the cheddar on top of each piece. I broke my cheese in half and popped it into the oven until the cheese melted.

Once all that is done be sure to drain the spinach and bell pepper well, before putting it on top of one of the slices of bread. Then slice up the Roma tomato and put two slices on top of the spinach/bell pepper. Then sprinkle Feta Cheese on top of that. Slice up the Kalamata Olives and put them on top of the pile. The left over olives and tomato as a side. The sandwich is complete and very nice Veggie Lunch at that. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment